Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Friendships

Great weather this last week and some great progress was made on the house.  We took the safety rails off the roof, installed the windows and doors, and started siding.  I also got a good jump on adjusting to the heat.  Friday and Saturday were some doozies, but the start of this week is going be a cooker as well. Lots of water and frequent breaks in the shade made the heat somewhat bearable.  

Windows, doors, and siding...

...oh my!

I learned a lot this week but got frustrated with myself with the lack of knowledge with the siding.  My previous volunteer experience hasn't given me the knowledge that I had hoped for with this part of the building process.  I felt bad having to keep asking questions and having them check that what I was doing was right.  They haven't kicked me back to the office yet, so I think I'm doing ok.  But, I'm making a lot of notes for the next house I get to work on.

This weekend was also our bi-annual, girl's only camping weekend.  I didn't spend the night like I usually do because of my work schedule, but still headed out after working at Habitat to join in the fun.  The group of girls that get together for this are some great friends.  And I'm one of the later groupies that joined thanks to my cousin.  We have such a great time and enjoy hanging out, playing cards, and sitting around the campfire.  It was a little warm for a fire, but you can't go camping without a s'more, so the fire was lit.  

We celebrated a birthday and said some emotional farewells to a great friend that is moving to Ohio to begin her new life with her new husband.  We are going to miss her dearly but we all know that this is what she has been waiting for, for so long.  I want to wish her the best of luck with her new life and hope she comes back often.  May God bless you on your new life and marriage.  We'll miss you!!

So, this brings me to my title for this week's blog...friendships. 


"If they truly saw your heart, they'd see too much."  
I believe that friendships, of all kinds, must be able to allow this to happen.  Thankfully, I've found some of those great friends that have allowed me to show who I really am.  Just when I think I've let them see too much, they are still there.  I pray that each one of us will allow ourselves to be truly seen.  Forget the status quo...just be you.


And a special shout our to my CRHP sisters, thank you for letting me show my true heart...lots of hugs, much love, many blessings. 

--------------------------------
Highlight of the week...
Getting to install the windows and doors, and getting a good jump on the siding.
--------------------------------

Scripture...
"Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment